How to Double your Prospects in 1/2 the Time
Prospecting: Uncovering qualified opportunities through various methods in an effort to advance potential clients in the sales process
Activity. Activity. Activity.
Nothing is more critical in the sales process than getting out there, telling your story and uncovering opportunities. You can’t close a deal if you don’t have a deal to close. But before you can have a deal to close, you must first know how to find an potential deal to earn that appointment: firm date, firm time.
You must know how to capture that audience in the first 30 seconds to even see if they are potential. People don’t only buy from people because they like them, but they will never buy from someone they don’t like. Likewise, people don’t only listen to others because they like them, but no one will listen to someone they don’t like. People listen when you earn the right to sell. Don’t come down to people’s level. Come up to their level.
In "How to Create Your Own Gold Rush” Todd outlines the step-by-step of process of prospecting. Todd answers the following questions:
- What is prospecting?
- Why must we set firm appointments?
- How do we confirm an appointment, without confirming it?
- How do we track our prospecting to know our “numbers”?
- What is an initial benefit statement?
- Why do we need an initial benefit statement?
- What are features, advantages and benefits?
- How do these features, advantages and benefits get incorporates into my initial benefit statement?
- How do you use your initial benefit statement?
- What is empowering the gatekeeper?
Handouts: Daily Tracker, Expect Excellence, Everything I Need to Prospect, Feature List, Advantage List, Benefit List, PAL, Role Plays, “The Stonecutter”