How to Double Your Company's Prosperity in 1/2 the Time
Team Building: A way to maximize strengths of individuals, while minimizing weaknesses through a mutual understanding of one another in an effort to achieve a common goal of success for all.
People want to be with others. They want to know that there is more in this crazy world than just them. They want to know they are not alone. They want to be part of something more than themselves. They want people to care.
Caring does not limit itself to your personal life. Do you know that based on an eight-hour workday, 40-hour workweek, and eight hours of sleep per night, then you spend nearly 50% of your waking hours in the office? If you don’t feel good about yourself, it can be quite emotionally draining, as well as physically draining.
Nothing is a more motivational than the support from those around you. Likewise, nothing is more damaging than the lack of support from those around you. But because we all have unique qualities and unique limitations, adhering to the latter can be quite a challenge.
In “The Togetherness of Team Building, ” Todd outlines the step-by-step of process of team building. He answers the following questions:
- What is team building?
- Why do we build a team?
- What are your individual characteristics?
- What are your strength and limitations?
- How can others maximize strength and minimize limitations?
- How do one’s goals relate to another’s goals relates to the company goal’s?
- How does one’s responsibilities relate to another’s responsibilities?
- Why is recognition so critical on all levels?
- How do we recognize others?
- What does it mean to empower one another?
Handouts: Carlson Learning (DISC) Profile, Dare to Dream! Role Plays