How to Skyrocket Others' Sales; How They Will Skyrocket Yours
Networking: The development of long term relationships based on mutual exchange of information between two individuals that results in the increase of income for both parties
There is no better way to earn clients than through networking. But what does it mean to network? Networking is about so much more than swapping leads. It’s about building relationships based on mutual trust. It’s about two individuals helping one another to ultimately line both their pocketbooks. Networking does not involve companies. It involves individuals. When you network properly, both parties make a pact with one another to dedicate to helping one another, regardless of the company. Most importantly, networking is about helping others first, then getting help.
In “The Need for the Knowledge of Networking, ” Todd outlines the step-by-step of process of networking. He answers the following questions:
- What is networking?
- Why do we network?
- How do we make it so others want to help us?
- Why is it critical to be a sustaining resource?
- How can you control a networking meeting?
- What are the various kinds of networking- formal versus informal?
- How do you utilize e-mail most effectively in the networking process?
- How do we help others even if we do not give them a lead for a new client?
- What are the various types of networking referrals?
- Why are the best salespeople always the best networkers?
Handouts: Role Plays, Sample networking thank you letters